Serve Your Parents

This was the most pertinent topic, on which I have received multiple questions over the last two months, though I replied independently, I could not write back in this forum, as I was too occupied for the release of my recent book – Freeing Your Inner Self-Awareness; and replying to multiple mails receiving by the readers.
It was again yesterday and today that I met a Chef in one of the Hotels I have been staying in Gurgaon, that I realize that how important it is to take care of our Parents who have brought us up.
Gaurav – the Chef who greeted me morning, moment I come down for breakfast, being a Bengali, started speaking to me in my mother language – as I too always take pride in speaking in Bengali, if I find some one, hence I too got in an intense conversation. As our conversation proceeded, he tells me that his mother stays in Nagerbazar, a place in Northern part of Kolkata, that she stays alone, whereas he is in Gurgaon and his elder brother in a leading Consulting firm in Hyderabad.
Most of us is in this catch 22 situation, been away from home, away from parents in search of so called career. Even I myself keep fighting with myself for getting in such a situation of life, though my parents never ask me to stay back with them in the house where I had grown, but it’s the fight that I get in with myself.
Keeping the above in mind, getting and addressing similar questions over the topic and now meeting Gaurav, I pen down the following below that need to be kept in mind, who ever is reading the same.
a) Start Showing Gratitude to Your Parents.
b) Start going out of your way to please them.
c) Start supporting them in what ever ways possible by you.
Keeping in mind most of us stay far away from where our Parents stay, it’s a good idea to initiate the below
a) Pay for the Bills of your Parents.
b) Buy them anything they require, even if they do not ask for it.
c) Support them with Groceries
d) Ensure that at least Once in a year, you take them with you in vacations.
Mind you, I urge all to do the above genuinely from your heart in a free flowing way , so that you mix enough love when you do – that would make all the Difference!!
Keep Reading
Keep Implementing.
Dr Sujit Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight Your Age At 40+

Today’s

Do You Over Think?